Tuesday, October 23, 2012

pretty {little} pouch swap

Round 5 of the PLPS has just come to an end, so I thought I'd better show you all the beautiful pouch I received as well as the pouch I sent. 
This was the start of the scrappy gayg pouch I made. You can find the pattern here. 
 

My partner requested that the pouch be for her 13yr. old daughter & she loved greens, aquas & browns, so that is what I went with. 


The back has some special HR bits in it. (fishies & brown dolls!)



For the extras I made up this key fob & a tiny little snap pouch that I drafted a pattern for.



A peek at the inside & I even managed to remember to add a label!


I was very impressed with how well this pattern was written. This was the first time I made it & it went together like a breeze! The magnetic snap and all! My partner said in her thank you that her daughter just LOVES it & carries it with her everywhere!! It's so awesome when you know something you made brings another person so much joy!:) This was the complete package I mailed her then.



After waiting a month past the mail by date I finally received my pouch in the mail!!!! How gorgeous is this?? Amazing. My partner did & excellent job of "stalking" me & finding my likes out as look what else she included! A book on canning, (I had posted pics of my big canning shelf on flickr) a crocheted dish cloth (I had mentioned in another group that we were a part of that I'd love one) & some fabulous scraps from the pouch.



It was definitely worth the wait for this one! So beautiful! Check out that stitching on he leaves. Wow. 


It's the perfect size for my embroidery hoop, but I decided to use it to carry my epp project with me. Absolute perfection!! Yay, for another satisfied round in the pouch swap!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the pouch you made. I can see why she carries it with her everywhere!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day, so please leave me one!!:)