Monday, October 22, 2012

modern maples mini

I've been seeing a few modern maple blocks popping up over on flickr & just had to try my own! This one, this one & this one are just gorgeous, aren't they? 

Feeling the need to sew something pretty, I sat down one saturday & whipped up four blocks to make a mini. This was the first block. I used essex linen as the background & red dotty leaves from the Flea Market Fancy Legacy line.



A yellow Sandy Garvis print, LH brown pearl bracelets, & one my favorites, Elle by Micheal Miller, completed my mini.


I sat down with the quilt & a movie the other night & got it all quilted up! I love the added texture that the hand quilting brings to it.


All it needs is the binding & it's officially done. Here's one more close up peek of the quilting!




I'm linking up with Megan & Sew modern monday!





To fabric tuesday over at Quilt Story.






And to Jenna at Sew Happy Geek & 

5 comments:

  1. How cute! The hand stitching is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Iiiiiii may need to make me some maples! Yours are so pretty.

    For some reason I was thinking fall season ended at Halloween. MOmmy brain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your maple leaves are beautiful - love the handquilting too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! I haven't made that block in forever, and I love it as a mini for fall, especially with the linen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The maple block is one of my favorites because it shows off fabric so well. This are nice with the contemporary fabric. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day, so please leave me one!!:)