Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Pretty {little} pouch swap 4

I have been doing a bit more sewing this week! Pouches for the P{L}PS are due to mail on Friday, so I got that all done! It just needs to be packaged up with a few goodies & it will be off in the mail! 
My partner requested a "knitting" or "project" bag, so I set out to sew a big pouch & it sure should be big enough! 13"x14"! That will fit that big sweater you are knitting!! lol 
I used lots of brights from my stash & just sewed them up into a simple log cabin style block.
 I lined it in a cheery yellow claire blocks print, & used a big red zipper. I love how easy it zips up! 
Machine quilted following the squares made by the log cabins & added one row of aqua hand stitching around the block for extra texture & fun. 
Boxed corners on the bottom & heavy interfacing help it to stand up nicely on its own.
I had alot of fun making this for partner & really hope she enjoys it as well! Now it's just waiting to see which fun pouch I receive in return!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day, so please leave me one!!:)