Friday, April 20, 2012

Cloth napkins

I've just finished up sewing for the last swap I'm in this month. The Table Top Swap is on it's first round & we are swapping a set of four cloth napkins!
 After "stalking" my partner to find her likes, I settled on these new prints from basic greys new line "hello luscious". I am typically not a pink person but with the addition of the jumbo pink rickrack edging I think they turned out so sweet! 

 This is my favorite of the prints! Love that bold floral! Did you notice how lovely they coordinate with my Pfaltzgraff dinner plates?! 
 The reverse side is a perfectly matched robins egg aqua cotton.
 I love how the edges got a slightly rounded look to them.
They were a lot of fun to sew & now that I know how easy they are, I may have to make a few more sets in my colors!;) Just in case you'd like to make your own napkins here is the link to the tutorial I loosely followed! http://www.purlbee.com/spring-napkins/
In other news, look at this beautiful snowflake pyrex dish I found at the goodwill this week for $2.75!! Score!!! I'm going to use it in my sewing room to store my 21/2" squares, but will definitely pull it out again this winter & bake something yummy in it! Baked oatmeal perhaps?! That's my favorite winter breakfast dish. 


 Linking up the Amanda at crazy mom quilts & finish it up friday! 


                              And amylouwho at    


Edited 6.12.12, I'm also adding these to the summer sewing contest at Ellison Lane Quilts!! 
Go check out all the great entries!   

7 comments:

  1. I love these! I am now a follower. Thank you for sharing your darling ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, Thanks for checking my blog. I'm so new to it.

    These napkins will be on my dining room table soon. I can't quit thinking about them.

    Comment & napkin picture coming soon:)
    Cassie

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute they are :-)
    Have a great weekend ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those turned out so cute! I love the addition of rickrack too, very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!!! I'm pinning a picture of those napkins on Pinterest. I'm so in love with them...the ricrac is absolutely charming!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen, I finished my napkins! I wanted to let you know how much I love them. Thank you for inspiring me. If you want to see a picture of them they'll be on my blog tomorrow.

    www.littleofeverythingfamily.com

    What you working on next? I may need to do that slice of ruby quilt too!

    Cassie

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day, so please leave me one!!:)