Friday, March 23, 2012

Granny squares quilt along

As soon as I started seeing all these beautiful granny squares inspired by Jolene of Blue Elephant Stitches on Flickr I knew I wanted to try them!! They are absolutely gorgeous & this would be my first major quilt block attempt! 
Red & light blues
 Aqua & yellows
 Navy & pink
 Piles of 21/2" squares & the fun part, putting together fabric combo's!
 Lavender & red
 red & grey
 pink & aqua
 green & navy
 purple & golden yellow
 lime green & lavender
 orange & aqua
And the very first one I made golden yellow & hot pink! They have been super addictive & my goal is enough for a queen sized quilt! Do you know how many squares that is? 56!! I have a feeling this will be a long term project!:)
Join the quilt a long on flickr at the old red barn quilt along group!
Happy quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day, so please leave me one!!:)