Tuesday, June 12, 2012

June

A little picture catch up post of what I've been up to lately! Get ready for a picture overload!:) Hubby & I took a small trip to Cape May to celebrate our 7th anniversary. It was so beautiful & so relaxing! Just what we needed.
 Summer is here & the girls have been having fun in the sun! Here we made chalk paint & they painted on the driveway. Try it! It's 1c. water & 1c. cornstarch, mix & add food coloring of choice!:) It was a lot of fun & will wash away with rain or water.
 I showed them how to make a zoo for their animals & found them doing this one afternoon. It's so great to see them playing together sweetly & using their imaginations! 
 Olivia LOVES playing UNO & will play anytime I sit down with her!
 Time to bring out the sparklers when the family is over!!
 Test block for the Table Top Swap table runner I'm making. This is block that Amber At one shabby chic just did a tutorial on & I had to try out. It's so easy & I love the look of it!
 Here they are sewn up in a runner! Next up is adding the backing, then quilting! I wish I would have made two right while I was at it, cause I love it!!
 Fabrics are DS, flea market fancy & a text print from lakehouse that is so fabulous!
 I also managed to squeeze in a little of this qayg block practice. I've been seeing bags on flickr that are so fabulous & want to try my own. so now I've got a start!
I also made up 57 of these siggy blocks for a swap over on flickr. There's another round going soon, so go check it out! It will be fun receiving 57 different blocks from around the globe & sewing them up into a fun little quilt!
Here's to squeezing in more sewing, as we swing ahead into the busy & fun summer months!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day, so please leave me one!!:)